The slot machine is an all-time favorite fixture of guests at a casino. Slot machines can lull a guest for hours, and sometimes even days. It has become a pastime that’s both rewarding and incredibly addictive. Let’s take a quick look at some of the things you may not know about slot machines.
Image source: Wikimedia.org
- Contrary to some people’s beliefs, there is no cheating slot machines and their random number generators.
- In Britain, slot machines are also known as “fruit machines.” Scots call them “puggies.” Down under, Aussies simply call them slots, or “poker machines.”
- The first slot machines ever created were known as “one-armed bandits” for the single lever on their sides.
- The series of images spinning in slot machines are called reels. Reels can come in threes or fives, depending on the slot machine and its manufacturer.
- Some gambling aficionados have noticed that using the levers of slot machines offers the user a higher chance of winning compared to using the spin buttons. While this isn’t true, using the slot machine lever slows down a person from losing money because pulling the lever takes more time than pushing the button.
- The first slot machine prototype was enormous and made of five drums with 50 card faces. It was built in 1891.
Image source: RT.com
Apparao Mukkamala loves to visit casinos during his spare time. For more interesting stories, check out this page.